RE: Proposal related to Guideline A.1.1

Agree with Jan proposal.

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jan Richards
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 8:36 PM
To: List (WAI-AUWG)
Subject: Proposal related to Guideline A.1.1

I have an action to:
@@JR@@ensure preview rendered view out clause is in the defn of user
interface@@

Instead of making changes to the definition, I thought it might be
better to address this elsewhere, so I propose to:

(1) add a note to A.?.4 "Ensure previews emulate accessible rendering
features of browsers"

Note 1: This requirement serves in lieu of any other user interface
accessibility requirements for the content view of built-in preview
features only. The authoring tool user interface for built-in previews
that is external to the content view must still meet the accessibility
requirements in this document.

(2) add a note for all of section A:

Note: The requirement in this section apply to all parts of the
authoring tool interface except for the content view of built-in preview
features (see checkpoint A.?.4 for more information).

Cheers,
Jan