FW: ATAG 2.0 edits from Karen

for the group

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Mardahl [mailto:karen@mardahl.dk]
Sent: 24. oktober 2004 22:51
To: 'Jan Richards'
Subject: ATAG 2.0 edits from Karen

Hi Jan

Here are my edits for ATAG 2.0.

BTW I couldn't put the .editornotes inside .editornotes like you did!! I
knew I should be able to, but "things hopped around" when I did that!! :-(
Obviously, the error was 40 cm in front of my monitor.

Notes:

* I made .KMedits to identify my edits or comments. If I just did something
minor, like add a comma, I _only_ made the edit and added the class for
identification. When I wanted to add or delete words, I included "@@KM" in
front of the comment - sometimes at the end to avoid too much of a mess! You
can change the color if it helps. I have the impression none of the AUWG
members are color-blind, so I have not taken anything into consideration
with my choice!

* If there is an "etc" at the end of a phrase that begins with "e.g.", I
have struck out the "etc." as it is redundant.

* Added hyperlink to 4.3 Techniques that was missing.

* There are a couple of links to
id="def-Accessible-Authoring-Interface-Nonweb" or
id="def-Accessible-Authoring-Interface-Web" - but they are lower-case in the
text. Thus they don't work. Something needs to be changed and I suggest
going for lower-case in the defs.???? Too tricky for me to even attempt any
fixing. You might have other ideas.

* The TOC is now removed, which is good because of the differences in
priorities. We can now just copy from TECHS and both text and priorities
should match. I have checked the guidelines body against the techs.html and
each techX.html file to make sure text and priorities matched. One
difference was found and marked in the guidelines. To be discussed at F2F.

* NB: None of the Guidelines 2 links (at the top of the page) work. For
researching, I had to go to your private ATRC pages.

I got really carried away! I had my edits from the 25 June version, done
just before you updated to the current draft version. I pretty much redid my
editing to take all the new stuff into consideration. And I fixed small
stuff along the way, figuring that I'd save you the bother tomorrow. So... I
still have my stuff for tech3.html and tech4.html on paper. If we get to
that in the F2F, I can just dictate it or send via irc. Or mail after the
F2F. I have a bunch of ideas for the items marked rewording.

regards, Karen Mardahl