Re: Proposal: reincorporate multiplexer into main doc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt May" <mcmay@w3.org>
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 1:26 AM
Subject: Proposal: reincorporate multiplexer into main doc

Hi all,

Jan and I have been discussing how to deal with the WCAG 1/2 ambiguity.
At the last f2f, we had the idea of a multiplexer document that would be
a second Recommendation, and would point to WCAG 1 for conformance until
WCAG 2 came out, at which point it would be updated.

We agreed that this is probably not really the best way to go about
things, due to the complexity it would cause us and the readers of the
spec. So I'd like to propose the following:

1) Bring the contents of this multiplexer document back into ATAG 2
proper;
2) Hold ATAG 2 at Proposed Recommendation status until WCAG 2 is at the
same level;
3) Work on the WCAG 2 conformance requirements when it is complete; and
4) Release WCAG 2 and ATAG 2 simultaneously.

Roberto Scano:
Fully agree.