RE: Microsoft patented keyboard-navigation?

From: Rotan Hanrahan <Rotan.Hanrahan@MobileAware.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:44:09 +0100
To: "Jon Hanna" <jon@hackcraft.net>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@sidar.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
That's USPTO patent number 6,368,227

We live in a crazy world indeed.

---Rotan.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jon Hanna [mailto:jon@hackcraft.net]
	Sent: Tue 07/09/2004 12:33
	To: Charles McCathieNevile
	Cc: Rotan Hanrahan; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org; w3c-wai-au@w3.org
	Subject: Re: Microsoft patented keyboard-navigation?

	> I see a job opportunity, for working at the US patent Office. (Along the
	> lines of "When I am an evil mastermind I will employ a 5-year-old to
	> review my plans  for world domination and point out the flaws that any
	> 5-year-old could see").

	I'm reminded of the patent lawyer who was trying to explain what he did for a
	living to his daughter and ended up with her having the patent on using a
	playground swing with a side-to-side rather than back-and-forth motion.

	No, I'm not making this up, really.

	--
	Jon Hanna
	<http://www.hackcraft.net/>