Re: Work Item Progress Update

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:54:52 -0400
To: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>

Hi Roberto:

Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG wrote:

> I suggest to put something about the use of stylesheets respecting the
> DTD.
> For eg, in XHTML 1.1 is not possible to use inline stylesheet so the
> tool must recognize the DTD type and adeguate the creation of content.

How about changing (a) as follows:

a) Use style sheets, according to specification, as the default
mechanism for presentation formatting and layout.

> Btw, I think would be best to ask that authoring tool create class
> instead of style attribute.

Does (e) already cover this?:

(e) Prompt the author to create style classes and rules within and
across document, rather than styling elements one at a time.

If not please suggest the text changes you would like to see.

-Jan