W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2004

Notes from Con Call July 19, 2004

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:14:27 -0400
Message-ID: <41002023.5090902@utoronto.ca>
To: "List (WAI-AUWG)" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

Notes from Con Call July 19, 2004

Recorded by Greg Pisocky:

Attendees:

Matt May: MM
Jan Richards: JR
Roberto Scano: RS
Greg Pisocky: GP

Regrets:
Tim Boland
Karen Mardahl
Jutta Treviranus

Chair: Jan Richards JR

JR: Went over the agenda. Face to face update, updated docuements with
changes from the meetings to get to working group draft shortly, progress
check, go over the workplan.

Agenda:

1. F2F update.

JR: Basically the F to F was a heavy slog through the guidelines 3 and 4. At
end of second day a call with WCAG was held and progress was made getting
WCAG to reference ATAG. Discussion of status with references to WCAG
document seems as if it should get done as a recommendations track document.
In the future this will make it easier to update conformance in the event
WCAG makes changes.

2. Updated documents available at:

You can browse the documents at will at the following locations. Use these
as you conduct your work items.

http://jan.rcat.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/tech1.html
http://jan.rcat.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/tech2.html
http://jan.rcat.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/tech3.html
http://jan.rcat.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/tech4.html
http://jan.rcat.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/guidelines.html

3. Technique workplan progress check. (Monday is the deadline for
VE="Very Easy" items)

====================================================

Work items were classified into 3 categories. Very Easy due today, Easy due
in two weeks, and Hard due in 4 weeks.

eMail from Jutta indicates the VE item is on its way.  Moving on, the easy
requires changing the voice of all the items. Next examples for 3.1.1.1.
Greg committed to organizing his group for tomorrow. Minor changes in
techniques document moved to ATAG by Jan. Success criteria 3 for 4.2 the
structure is in place. Illustrations for 4.3 are done. The content
management template example remains. General reformatting of techniques is
now done.

The so called hard items. Prompting and assisting for meta data will be
worked on next few days. Style sheets on the way. Prompting and assisting
for other types on the way. Prompting for up to date formats in progress.
Barry will continue working on the high level XML.

Some unclassified items remain. Configurability checkpoints and a QA review.

There are also test plan work items, trying to put together a template.

Matt has a project review to the W3C explaining testing challenges and what
is required to make it to recommendation.

RS: Would like to contribute to the CMS example.

VE: Very Easy: 19 July 2004

. 4.3 (TIMING success criteria re-write) - JT [VE]

E: Easy: 2 August 2004

. ALL TECHS: THERE IS NO CAN, THERE IS ONLY DO, + lose "consider" wording -
JR,MM,TB,GP [E] . 3.1.1 Examples x2 - JR [E] . 3.1.1(11) - Prompting and
assisting for document structure - GP, KM, BF(?)[E] . 3.1.1(15): Prompting
and assisting for device independent handlers - MM [E] . Making minor
changes to ATAG - MM, JR [E] . 4.2, success_criteria 3: JR to produce techs
that mirror structure in 4.4. [E] . 2 Illustrations in 4.3 - JR [E] . CMS
template example - JR, JT [E] . General re-formatting of techniques - MM, JR
[E]

H: Hard: 16 August 2004

. 3.1.1(10) - Prompting and assisting for Metadata- disguised screenshot of
TILE - JT/JR, LN [H] . 3.1.1(13): Prompting and assisting for style sheets -
TB, JR [H] . 3.1.1(17): Prompting and assisting for other types of
accessibility information - KM [H] . 3.1.1(18): Prompting and assisting the
author to make use of up to date formats - JR, BF(?)[H] . Barry to continue
with work on High Level XML - related techniques for the document (with
discussion on list). [H]

Not classified:

. Go over Config checkpoint (checkpoint 4.5) - TB []
. QA review of ATAG work (GL's, techs) - TB []

===================================================

TEST PLAN WORK ITEMS

1. Try to put together set of templates (what questions) that can be used a
tool - TB 2. Updating the test plan draft since several ATAG and WCAG
iterations have been made- TB 3. Update Process (administrative etc.). TB 4.
"Project Review" from staff contact (MM) to W3C powers (Judy(?), Tim) that
be explaining our testing challenges - MM. (timeline would be over a month)
TB volunteers to help.

====================================================

4. Ideas for the next F2F location.

JR: Ideas for another face to face. Host ideas.

MM: Space on the West Coast, or Toronto.

JR: What about at Macromedia?

MM: Bob (Regan) would be willing.

JR: Let's keep up with those work items, and in two weeks we should have
made progress on the so called easy items.

Greg Pisocky
Business Development Manager
Adobe Systems, Inc.
8201 Greensboro Dr., Ste. 1000
McLean, VA 22102

703-883-2810 FAX: 703-883-2850

Learn about accessibility at Adobe:
http://access.adobe.com
Received on Thursday, 22 July 2004 16:15:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 September 2008 15:53:03 GMT