From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Tim Boland
Sent: 9. februar 2004 16:37
To: Jan Richards
Cc: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: re: Issue #1: 1. Definitions needed for a number of terms

Thank you for checking WAI glossary for these terms.  I still have a
concern that some of these terms (although not yet in WAI glossary) may
have explicit or implicit definitions buried in other WAI specs (or are
applicable in other WAI specs), and where the terms are not AUWG-specific,
I feel that we should get some input from other affected WAI working groups
pertaining to our definitions (or statement that they have no interest in
our definition of a particular term, or notification to them that we are
talking about definitions for these terms), because I believe that the
existence of common definitions that may reach across WAI WGs may become
important when it comes time to indicate whether or not a specification
applies for purposes of testing, for example, and it is better to resolve
these issues now rather than later (not to mention that it emphasizes WAI
coordination to everyone).

Thanks and best wishes, Tim Boland NIST

PS - Also, for definitions involving web content,  I feel we should refer
to WCAG whenever we can..
<snip>