RE: Issue #6: Rationale and success criteria of 2.2

Hi Jan

I like your re-wording of 2.2, in general.

Technical question: Do you want the definition in parentheses included at
this point in the guidelines, or will the term "WCAG-capable" just have an
href down to the Glossary?

I guess what worries me about the definition of WCAG-capable is - I'm
worried there's a catch somewhere. Don't know why, just do! I just dived
into the CSS Techniques for WCAG 2.0
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-CSS-TECHS-20031219.html) and
could not find what I would call explicit references. I.e. checkpoints or
guidelines didn't match - you have to do a Find. I expect more from your
definition than the other docs can provide. Does that then weaken your
definition? Guess that is my real worry.

OK this is all just about prioritizing. If there are no WCAG-capable formats
available, then the available formats can be in any old order. The tool
simply cannot deal with 2.2 if it doesn't have a WCAG-capable format. Would
that then imply something about the overall accessibility of the tool?

regards, Karen, the confused and puzzled! (Or maybe I am just pedantic and
dense?!)