AUWG Minutes (Jan. 26, 2004)

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:05:34 -0500
To: "List (WAI-AUWG)" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

AUWG Minutes (Jan. 26, 2004)

JT: Jutta Treviranus
GP: Greg Pisocky
JR: Jan Richards
KM: Karen Mardahl
KH: Kip Harris
BF: Barry Feigenbaum

Matt May
Tim Boland
Roberto Scano
Geoff Deering

KH introduces BF.

KH will be with the group through F2F, but BF will replace KH after the

JT How are people doing on the work items?

GL1 =====================

KH: So the original reason fro changing techs for 1.1 is to simpligy

JT: Yes, there is an uneven quality of referenced documents. So we
wanted to go to a more universal approach. Began by looking at IBM SAG
and moved focus to the ISO.

Action Item: Change the "Success Criteria" wording in guidelines to
point to the ISO16071.

JR: Brings up question of how the ISO is referenced. The current wording
seems to be a filtering of the ISO.

JT: Maybe we should flip it around. Maybe make techniques into a
synopsis of ISO?

KM: Added "techniques" to glossary. (i.e. that they are informational

JT: Let's talk to Tim about doing a bit of interpretative text around
ISO instead of the comparative text we have now.

JR: Propose that we just publish GL to the TR.

KH: Good idea.

JR: Updated.

WIDE VIEW + GLOSSARY =====================

KM: Things are moving forward, KM taking issues MM.