RE: Minutes for AUWG Teleconference (10 May 2004)

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:34:51 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

>> 1. Finalization of the implementation techniques document structure.

>JR trying out presentation ideas in
>http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/tech3.html
>http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca/public/auwg/tech4.html
>Begins with checkpoint, then success criteria, followed by the
techniques.
>Success criteria are in form of table. Also made new icons. Wants to
know if
>we need the icons at all to both classify techniques _and_ the
examples?
>Perhaps they are only helpful at example level. Wants feedback on this.
>
>JT pointed out the history of icons as a means to help a developer zoom
in
>on just their area of focus. A condensed version in other words.

Two notes about the use of icons and images.
1. The icons are too small and are not resizable: this means that low
vision people have difficulty to see them and the images can cause
problems for cognitive or not-too-much tecnical users.

2. The [D] Link is not suggested... in WCAG Working Group for WCAG 2.0
we are "deprecating" it due that the screen reader found the same link
([D]) for a lot of images.