Re: Minutes for AUWG Teleconference (10 May 2004)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Richards" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
To: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Cc: "List (WAI-AUWG)" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: Minutes for AUWG Teleconference (10 May 2004)

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for offering your help on this. The ATAG draft is fairly well
developed, so, unless anyone objects, you can probably get started.

Roberto:
Good... I've done it also for ATAG 1.0 for my book ;-)

Following the WCAG 1.0 CheckList I suggest this form (see it as the
table in the url:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html)

Priority 1 checkpoints
1.3 Allow the display preferences of the authoring interface to be
changed without affecting the document markup.  [Yes] [No] [N/A]
2.1 Ensure that markup which the tool automatically generates is valid
for the language the tool is generating. [Yes] [No] [N/A]
2.2 Support formats that enable the creation of WCAG-conformant content.
[Yes] [No] [N/A]

Priority 2 checkpoints
1.4 Ensure that the authoring interface enables the author to navigate
the structure and perform structure-based edits. [Yes] [No] [N/A]
1.5 Ensure the authoring interface allows the author to search within
the editing views. [Yes] [No] [N/A]
2.4 Ensure that the tool preserves all unrecognized markup and
accessibility information during transformations, and conversions. [Yes]
[No] [N/A]

Priority 3 checkpoints
3.5 Provide functionality for managing, editing, and reusing alternative
equivalents. [Yes] [No] [N/A]
3.6 Provide the author with a summary of the document's accessibility
status [Yes] [No] [N/A]

WCAG Relative Priority checkpoints
2.5 Ensure that when the tool automatically generates content it
conforms to the WCAG. Yes] [No] [N/A]
2.6 Ensure that all pre-authored content for the tool conforms to WCAG.
[Yes] [No] [N/A]

ISO16071 Relative Priority checkpoints
1.1 Ensure that the authoring interface follows applicable software
accessibility guidelines. [Yes] [No] [N/A]
1.2 Ensure that the authoring interface enables accessible editing of
element and object properties. [Yes] [No] [N/A]

Every checkpoint is linked to the correct part to the document... for
example, 1.1 will link to
http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/#check-use-system-conventions

If the group authorize me, I will start to do it.

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG