Workflow checkpoint

From: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:26:09 -0400
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

Regarding my action item from yesterday's meeting...

I actually could not locate our latest wording, but had another go at
it. Here is a draft checkpoint wording and some rationale. Can anyone
give input into the success criteria and suggest edits/additions to
this wording?

Checkpoint:
Ensure that accessible authoring practices are integrated into the
overall workflow when an author develops Web Content.

Rationale:
Accessible design as an afterthought or separate process is much more
onerous and therefore costly than when accessibility is considered
from the start. If the authoring tool supports a workflow in which
the author considers accessibility before and/or during the authoring
process it is more likely that accessible authoring practices will
become a common practice.

Thanks