Outreach Update: Chicago IADT Classrooms

From: Carol at Kognitive.com <carol@kognitive.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:45:55 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
I'm teaching three courses this quarter at IADT (International Academy of Design and Technology) a Chicago, IL college.  Two are Webmastering courses and the third is an intro to HCI course.

In all three I am introducing my students to the W3C site and specifically the WAI section as resources for future projects. Most students are unaware of these issues and have not discussed them in previous coursework.  In the HCI course we are getting more in-depth with labs and assignments totally focused on Accessibility (emulating vision and other physical disabilities with prosthetics, emphasizing including people with disabilities in usability testing, testing interfaces using JAWS, etc.

Regards,

Carol J. Smith
Kognitive Consulting
Chicago, IL, USA