action item - submission of sentences to 1.5 June 6 draft

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:25:36 -0400
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

Per my action item, I propose adding a sentence in 1.5 of the June 6 ATAG
draft (after the "conformance level bullets") as follows:

"In the above, "meeting the checkpoints" means satisfying all of the success
criteria associated with that particular checkpoint."

I may want to add after the sentence above "To satisfy a particular success
criterion is to
pass all the tests associated with that success criterion in a test suite
(to be developed)."

I also propose adding a sentence to the end of 1.5 as follows:

"Satisfying certain success criteria may involve usability issues and as
such may
require integrating aspects of usability testing."

I may want to add after this sentence above  "The success criteria where
these issues apply will be noted
in the document."

Comments welcome.  As mentioned earlier, I think the whole issue of
conformance to ATAG merits further discussion.

Best,
Tim Boland NIST