Re: summary of ATAG WD success criteria evaluation for objectivity

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:09:36 -0400
To: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Cc: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

Tim, some additional comments:
1. Create common format for expressing success criteria: OK, is there a
proposal? e.g., authoring tool must *action verb* ...
2. Terms: Many are different because they are different, however they
should be defined as being different or consistent term used.
3. "Accessible" not defined: propose that accessible term be removed so it
is not circular.
4. Subjective words: agree we must remove them. e.g. quickly, easily, etc.
replace with "one step", or two keystrokes, etc..
5. Technique language vs Criteria language: Should be fixed when 1 is
applied.
6. Ensure semantics of criteria unique: Good question to ask, but don't
agree that all are dups. See Jan's reply.
7. Version of WCAG: level yes, version no. Let's try to make the level of
WCAG non normative so it can change in future without updating document.

I agree with the call discussion today that we should use these points as a
methodology in reviewing the success criteria once we get the meat
(substance) or as we complete the substance of the criteria written.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>@w3.org on 04/14/2003 08:58:01 AM

Sent by:    w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org