Re: my edits/comments on the latest doc.

At 6:01 PM -0500 2002/11/07, Jan Richards wrote:

>>  >1.2 Role of authoring tools in Web accessibility
>>  >-While "Web Resources" makes sense the "Web Content" guidelines do still
>  > >apply to those services, etc.
>
>Agreed - let's talk about this on the next call.

good idea

>Your full comment was:
>"I think the integration you want is achieved by having this
>introduction. When people are trying to implement the guidelines, I
>think it helps a lot if they can work on bits - so I am not sure there
>is the problem you have suggested."
>...I'm just not sure to what it refers.

not important !!!

>  > >Checkpoint 2.1:
>>  >- For Success Criteria 1., "accessible" should not be there.
>>  >- Why "relevant" over "appropriate"? Relevant is probably harder to
>>  >define.
>>
>>  I think that relevant means that there is something that relates to
>>  it whereas appropriate means if you think you want to use it - or
>>  something...
>
>"Relevant" seems fuzzier to me than "appropriate".
>ex. "SVG is appropriate for encoding blueprints" vs. "SVG is relevant
>for encoding blueprints"?

we could also talk about this. I think that relevant means it deals
with the topic while appropriate means that it deals with the topic
and i think it should be used here...or something ...

>  > >GUIDELINE 3: INTRO TEXT:
>
>What about: "While ensuring the accessibility of automated output
>provides a solid foundation for accessible content, without proper
>supports authors, will likely act in ways that undermine these
>measures."

yes, but
support, authors may act in ways that...
being picky!!
>  > >Checkpoints 3.1/3.2/3.3/3.4:

>"Request"?

yes - good!