Naming issue Re: minutes posted for 26 Aug call

Hi.

I don't think that WCAG 2 is stable enough to be a reference for a
Recommendation yet. If Wombat is ready for last call and WCAG 2.0 hasn't
already got there, then I think it should be published as a 1.X version (1.1?
1.9?) 1.0 second edition, since it is a different specification to ATAG 1.0
but it is a clear improvement and it would be helpful to give people a target
for implementation while they are waiting for WCAG 2.0

At any rate, as Matt noted, it is possible to refer to WCAG 2.0 at least as
"what to watch for in the future" in checkpoints that make WCAG references.

I think that any ATAG 1.X should clearly state that it has been prepared with
the goal of pointing to WCAG 2.0 but the normative version currently points
to the latest normative WCAG (1.0? are they going to do a 1.1? Would it
help ATAG if they did? These are really questions for teh coordination
group I guess).

Cheers

Chaals

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Matt May wrote:

>http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2002/minutes/minutes26august2002.html
>
>-

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22