W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2002

Fw: Minutes of last telecon

From: Matt May <mcmay@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 05:28:08 -0700
Message-ID: <021801c22bfb$147b5d50$634b6a20@vaio>
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
> AU Teleconference (Monday, 8 July 2002)AU Teleconference (Monday, 8 July
2002)
> Telephone: +1.617.761.6200
> Conference number: 2894
>
> Agenda:
> 1. Dependencies on WCAG 2.0 (Phil to present draft)
> 2. Education and Outreach input for July E&O face to face meeting
> 3. Remaining logistics for Linz meeting
> 4. Other
>
>
> Attendees:
> JR: Jan Richards
> JT: Jutta Treviranus
> DG: Doug Grude
> PJ: Phill Jenkins
> LN: Liddy Nevile
>
>
> Regrets:
> CMN: Charles McCathieNevile
>
> Could not connect:
> HS: Heather Swayne
> MM: Matt May
>
> Action Items:
>   a..
> Minutes:
> PJ: Still working on the dependencies document.
>
> PJ: Will be in Linz.
>
> PJ: On this telecon would like to discuss how dependent we are on WCAG
2.0.
>
> JT: One of dependencies is their prioritization scheme - they may be
prioritizing at the technique level, rather than the checkpoint level.
>
> JR: It will mean a modification of the meaning of Rel. Priorities.
>
> LN: Won't this be problem for UA as well?
>
> JT: UA is not as dependent.
>
> JT: MM attends WCAG meetings so you probably knows more.
>
> PJ: Will we be meeting with WCAG?
>
> JT: May be able to get an hour...but it may have to be at lunch or dinner.
>
> EO Meeting
> JT: End of July EO is meeting in Toronto. Are there specific things we
should tell them?
>
> PJ: Some people have questionned the way Checkpoint 7 is included. Should
we just be focussing on 1-6 for purchasing.
>
> JT: This would be a very sensitive isssue.
>
> JR: Still would like to explore putting Guideline 7 in a separate
document.
>
> PJ: Maybe we should point to Section 508.
>
> LN: 508 is a US standard. It's useful but...
>
> JT: There are European and Australian standards.
>
> DG: Other standards will leap frog US 508 and so we should keep other
options open.
>
> [Heather Swayne, Matt May e-mail - can't connect to telecon]
>
> JT: There could be two guiding principles - 1 - that the tools produce
accessible markup and 2 - that the tools be accessible.
>
> PJ: We should also point them to our new tools section.
>
> JT: OK
>
> PJ: Proposals in the EU to adopt ATAG Priority 1 and WCAG Priorities 1,2.
>
> JT: We are meeting at:
>
> Mon., July 15, 13.00 - 17.00, Tue., July 16, 9.00 - 17.00 in Room SZ 1
>
> See everyone in Linz...
>
>


Received on Monday, 15 July 2002 08:28:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 September 2008 15:53:01 GMT