Re: AU minutes from 11 Feb call

At 06:15 PM 2/11/02 -0600, Phill Jenkins wrote:
>So was there any action items from the call other than the agenda for the
>face to face? None were listed but seemed that one or more were alluded to:
>
>1.  Is more from AUWG needed for EOWG to point to or not?

Feedback from the call was helpful.

More is welcome.

>2.  Is EOWG & JB going to include more software/tools in policy materials
>or not?

Change requests were logged at:
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/impl/changelog.html#20020211
but you're right, during the AUWG/EOWG joint meeting, we also discussed the
need for EOWG to emphasize more strongly the importance of considering
software in our various implementation support materials. I understood the
group's reaction to support that change.

>And a question about the discussion:
>Who's strategy [WAI?, EO?, AU?, W3C?] is it not to mention commercial
>products?  Vendor neutral doesn't have to mean no vendors does it? Does
>market neutral [1] mean only mentioning free products?
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/#organization

It relates to some policies of the W3C Communications Team. It does not
necessarily mean no mention of products or of vendors. I think that this
document raises enough questions to merit getting a consult from them on
this, which I'll do.

- Judy