Re: AU Techniques: Icons

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:25:15 -0600
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
If it wasn't for the tool-tip I would not have had a clue except for the
Multimedia icon.  Re-fining the designing for an icon for conversion tools
might be worthwhile, but markup tools, or content [management?], or
programming tools are too odd.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic10121.gif) Markup
(Embedded image moved to file: pic21122.gif) Multimedia
(Embedded image moved to file: pic00764.gif) Content
(Embedded image moved to file: pic28055.gif) Programming

(Embedded image moved to file: pic07494.pcx)Conversion

I do think we should visit the checklist view.  To improve the "view at a
glance" we could use a column header that is the tool tip with the icon in
each column/row for the checkpoint it applies to.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

pic10121.gif
(image/gif attachment: pic10121.gif)

pic21122.gif