Authoring Tool Guidelines Working Group
Authoring Tool Accessibility Conformance Evaluations
The ATAG 1.0 conformance evaluations listed in this document have followed
an evaluation submission procedure to ensure a basic
level of credibility. However, the evaluations should still be treated as informative
rather than definitive. They do not represent consensus or endorsement of the
W3C, the working group, or any other organization.
Please send comments and suggested corrections to the W3C staff contact for
WAI Authoring Tools (Charles McCathieNevile <email@example.com>).
The following authoring tools
have been evaluated for conformance with the Authoring
Tool Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. To date, only a small number conformance
evaluations have been performed, compared to the much larger number of authoring
tools covered by ATAG 1.0. A list of authoring tools
The working group welcomes further conformance evaluations. Send completed
evaluations to the W3C staff contact for WAI Authoring Tools (Charles McCathieNevile
Each evaluation must provide the following information before it is published
by the W3C Authoring Tools working group:
- A brief explanation of how the tool meets each checkpoint. This should be
sufficient to allow another reviewer to reproduce the same results
- A conclusion stating whether, in the opinion of the reviewer, the tool conforms
to the guidelines
- The name and email address of the reviewer
- The date on which the evaluation was completed
- The version or draft of the guidelines that were evaluated against (the
date or URI of the guideline document are the best identifiers)
- The name of the authoring tool evaluated
- The version (version number, platform, supplementary tools) of the authoring
- The URI for obtaining the authoring tool
- The manufacturer of the authoring tool and contact information provided
Submitted evaluations will be published on page once the following process
has been completed:
- Unnecessary promotional, marketing hype, or other statements not directly
pertaining to the conformance evaluation will be removed.
- The working group will provide the evaluation to the developer of the authoring
tool to allow them to check for factual accuracy.
- The developer has a minimum of four weeks to respond, after which the evaluation
will be published.
- Publishing will be delayed once, for an additional four weeks, if the developer
demonstrates that progress towards conformance will be forthcoming within
that time (e.g. a new patch or version likely to increase conformance will
be released during that time).
- The developer may request that its response be posted on this page, along
with the evaluation. The reviewer or the working group will have the option
to respond to these comments.
- When subsequent evaluations are performed on the same or newer versions
of a product, they will be posted ahead of older evaluations.
- The working group may decide to remove an evaluation performed on an older
version of a product, once that product version is no longer available from,
or supported by, its developer.
- Evaluations will be maintained as long as the Authoring Tools Working Group
is charted or the effort is transferred to another working group, i.e. the
Education and Outreach Working Group.
This document was last updated $Date: 2000/11/08 08:13:13 $ by $Author: Charles
Copyright © 1999 W3C® (MIT, INRIA,
Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules
apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy