ATAG cp1.1 and gl3

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:27:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Carlos pointed out today that the text of checkpoint 1.1 and the text of
guideline 3 do not seem very far apart.

As far as I understand, checkpoint 1.1 requires it to be possible for the
author to make accessible content. Guideline 3 is to guide the author to do
so, with specific requirements for specific parts of the authoring.

Perhaps the best solution is to reword guideline 3 to make this clearer.

I propose the following text for guideline 3:

  Guide the author to produce accessible content

Charles