Re: Name for working draft

From: gregory j. rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:06:42 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
aloha, chaals!

CMN: And I still like Sarah as a name, too, but I guess another day...)

GJR: personally, i prefer "helen shapiro", but, then, there'd be the
inevitable legal hassles, so why not just call it "raymond luxury yacht",
but pronounce it "throat-warbler mangrove"?

seriously, folks, wombat is a-ok with me, though i, too, share a preference
for mythological to actual beasts (what's "cougar" going to do to our poor
"wombat"?) -- how's this: wombat for now, but the code name for the next
iteration is "Anansi"
http://www.anansi.org/webwalker/story1.htm
and there's no shortage of spider god/goddess names! -- after all, if we're
going to name the document after an animal, it might as well be a weaver...

i suppose, in a way, wombat's appropriate, at least according to the page
located at:
http://www.bendigo.net.au/~rjs/whirrakee/animals/wombat1.htm
on which it is noted that "Wombats are rather like us, they breed anytime."
which is a pretty apt analogy for an authoring tool...

g.
GUINEA-PIG, n. A small Brazilian animal of the genus cavia, and frequently
called the cavy. In the opinion of the president of the California Academy
of Sciences it is rather a dog than a pig. He grounds his judgement upon
the classical admonition, cave canem.                    -- Ambrose Bierce
Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net