Re: Name for working draft

Well, I am not really fussed. But since I want to get it out I am planning to
stick with wombat unless anyone actually objects...

(but now I want to think of something to call phoenix. And I still like Sarah
as a name, too, but I guess another day...)

cheers

Chaals

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Marjolein Katsma wrote:

  I like a name rather than a number in this case. How about a mythical animal? I propose Phoenix :)

  (Or is that controversial again?)

  At 14:29 2001-05-25 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >Bit more background - there are perception problems with a number, in that if
  >we say 1.1 then I don't think it conveys the fact that this is more or less
  >our expected 2.0 draft, and if we say 1.9 then people will wonder what
  >happened to 1.1 through 1.8. So the easiest thing is to have a name, hence
  >"wombat" as a proposal. (Because animals are relatively uncontroversial).

  Marjolein Katsma
  HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/
  Bookstore for Webmasters - http://hshelp.com/bookstore/bookstore.html