RE: WHat makes Icons accessible or not?

From: <DPawson@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:28:27 +0100
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
-
> From: Jan Richards

> 1. How big will the icons be?  While 32 x 32 is nice, these
> larger icons
> will expand the line spacing and may end up doubling an already long
> document. Can 16x16 versions of the first two icons be
> produced to get a
> better comparison?

I'd prefer the larger ones, are they the 32 by 32? At least I can
see what they contain. They become iconic then, rather than
smudges :-) Surely the additional real-estate isn't that much?

> 3. Which colours? If we decide on colours for each category that are
> easy to see and distinguish, then all the icons can use the
> same colours
> and we can eliminate that as a variable.

Nice idea!

Which colors though, considering color blindness etc!

> I think we need icons that can be identified at a glance by
> their shape
> (as Katy says) and colour, without messing up the page
> layout.

I like the idea of having a 'shape' to each one!

Regards DaveP