Re: Proposed fifth category for techniques

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 05:37:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
So I got excited and I made an icon for it:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/sources/techimages/icons/convert (I haven't put it
into anything  yet - either the icon or the concept in a techniques draft.

Cheers

Charles

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  Conversion tools.

  Tools which take pre-existing content and convert it to another format.
  Examples include tools such as gif2png, rtf2html, Web Transit, html2ps, and
  others. These are tools wich do not include a facility for editing the source
  format, although they may be used as a tool in conjunction with an editing
  tool for the target format.

  I am not sure if these are seperate from content management tools or not - I
  think they are.

  Cheers

  Chaals