Re: icon sketches for ATAG-TECHS

From: Marjolein Katsma <access@javawoman.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:00:53 +0200
To: Matthias Mueller-Prove <mprove@Adobe.COM>, WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
I think these icons are very nice, well done graphically, nice to look at. One little problem I see though: they're so similar in overall shape that you have to look at tiny details to see their difference (and semantics) - which sort of defeats the purpose of having an icon in the first place, I think. (Sorry Matthias!)

I'm attaching my "programming" icon in two sizes. BMP format, but they can easily be converted to PNG or GIF. These were designed (together with a set of other icons) to be easily recognizable and discernable even at the small 16x16 icon size (as used in trees and "small icons" displays on Windows).

Cheers,

At 17:19 2001-04-23 +0200, Matthias Mueller-Prove wrote:
>Hi team,
>
>some sketches of the tool icons for our ATAG10-TECHS document can be found at
>
>http://www.mprove.de/script/01/wai/ATAG10TECHSicons/
>
>cheers
>Matthias
>--