AU2-1.1 (produce accessible content)

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:35:38 -0400
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
PROPOSED:
1.1 Ensure that the author can produce accessible content in the markup
language(s) or content type(s) supported by the tool. [Priority 1]
At minimum, provide a code editing view that will accept manually-coded
accessibility content and ensure that this content is preserved as per
Checkpoint 1.2.

WL's point: We are suggesting a UI implementation without specifically
saying that it should be accessible.

JR, CMN: 7.1 already covers the accessibility of the tool. JR: Besides,
we're not telling them to do a drag-and-drop solution for which
accessibility would be a major concern - we're talking about text
editing.

CMN's point: At minimum is misleading. Tools don't have to do this. We
might say "The simplest way to meet this is..."

Jan Richards
Software Designer
jan.richards@utoronto.ca
Tel: (416) 946-7060