Re: styling

Well, most tools allow the modification of markup if they have a source or
structure editing mode. But if it is only availabe in that way then they will
fail 5.2, and cannot get ot double-A until they provide something that
matches the rest of the tool operation (this of course doesn't apply to
Notepad itself - that fails many other checkpoints though).

The detection stuff is really a matter for AERT - authoring process
techniques are what we need to have techniques for. Does anyone recall the
beginning of teaching word-processing, in the late 70s and the 80s? Stuff
like using styles in authoring was a big topic then (as well as argumetns
about whether it was better to write everything and then clean it up, or
clean it as you went, or some combination... which I recall being a
discussion that was seeking a non-existent grail).

Cheers

Charles McCN