Re: Prompting Techniques Appendix

From: <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:14:19 -0500
To: w3C-wai-au@w3.org

I'm not volunteering to describe them, just noting that we came upon this
same issue in some on-line education where screen shots are used to "teach"
someone how to use a software application.  I decided that if the screen
shot is only to teach someone sighted how to do something with a visual
graphical user interface, then the screen shots do NOT need any long
descriptions, for example: how to drag and drop an icon.  HOWEVER, if an
alternative accessible "view" is available, for example a text structure
view of menus, and or a keyboard command way to drag and drop, then that
description would need to be considered in the design of the course
materials.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins