Re: Comments on 8 December AUGL - PJ comments

aloha, phil!

i agree that you and i and probably most -- if not all -- of the WG agrees that
the current wording of 5.1 covers both the plumbing and the UI itself, but
clarity on this point, i feel, would strengthen the checkpoint, and reduce the
potential for mis-interpretation...

if the WG doesn't feel that it is necessary to clarify the checkpoint, however,
i do believe that we should at least add some verbiage to the introductory text
to GL5 to make it as clear as possible that both the UI and the underlying
plumbing are being addressed in this GL...

just my 2 cents,
        gregory.

Phil Jenkins wrote:
>GR
>>why quote imply unquote that both the UI and the plumbing are included --
>why
>>not explicitly state that both are _required_?
>>

>I believe we are by the existing wording "into the tool".  When I read 10
>Dec draft of both the Guideline 5 and the checkpoint 5.1, it is clear to me
>that it is "the tool",  the overall look and feel, all parts of the tool,
>the UI, the documentation, the plumbing, the on-line help, etc. . . .  the
>tool. Why limit it to just the "user interface"? or explicitly expand it to
>include everything included in a tool?
>
>Guideline 5. Integrate accessibility solutions into the overall "look and
>feel"
>
>5.1 Ensure that functions related to accessible authoring practices are
>naturally integrated into the tool.
>
>Regards,
>Phill Jenkins
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>