Re: Comments on 8 December AUGL - PJ comments

From: <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:08:02 -0600
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

GR
>why quote imply unquote that both the UI and the plumbing are included --
why
>not explicitly state that both are _required_?

I believe we are by the existing wording "into the tool".  When I read 10
Dec draft of both the Guideline 5 and the checkpoint 5.1, it is clear to me
that it is "the tool",  the overall look and feel, all parts of the tool,
the UI, the documentation, the plumbing, the on-line help, etc. . . .  the
tool. Why limit it to just the "user interface"? or explicitly expand it to
include everything included in a tool?

Guideline 5. Integrate accessibility solutions into the overall "look and
feel"

5.1 Ensure that functions related to accessible authoring practices are
naturally integrated into the tool.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins