Re: Statement regarding applicability of AU vs WCAG

aloha, jutta!

i concur with ian's editorial enhancements to your statement, with the possible
exception of his request that you change quote must be applied by unquote to
quote apply to unquote...

yet, since i can't quite articulate my opposition to his last suggestion, if
the WG adopts his suggestion, so will i -- unless, of course, i can marshal my
scattered thoughts on the subject into something coherent and convincing...

gregory.

At 08:25 AM 12/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Here is some proposed text regarding applicability of AU vs WCAG as
>discussed in yesterday's meeting.
>
>"All guidelines within this document apply to all authoring tools, the
>implementation of the checkpoints will vary from tool to tool. When a
>checkpoint within this document refers to the Web Content Accessibility
>Guidelines, only the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines that refer to
>content supported by the authoring tool must be applied by the authoring
>tool."

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>