Proposed matrix of which WCAG checkpoints are the responsibility of the authoring tool

From: <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:20:52 -0600
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

This is a table of which WCAG checkpoints are the responsibility of the
authoring tool, which are the author/users, and some are identified as
both, meaning that the tool has some responsibility and the author has the
rest in meeting the checkpoint.

In doing the matrix, I noticed that two of the checkpoints did NOT really
apply well to all of the WCAG checkpoints, namely:
"3.1 Prompt the author for alternative information...
"3.2 Help the author create structured content and separate it...

Please review my definition of the legend and how I applied them in the
matrix.

It is even more clear to me that this level information, "which checkpoints
are the responsibility of the tool",  is needed.

P.S. This "data table" is not triple-AAA compliant, but it will work well
with HPR...
(See attached file: ATAG-WCAG.htm)

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,