re: skill level

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:17:00 -0800
To: au <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
So long as "skill level" is not confused with "ability level" I have no
problem with what I've been seeing.  It is vital to use our
recommendations in an attempt to make *any* software that is used as a
tool to publish materials on the Web, _including such things as word
processors with a "save to Web" feature_, be made to: produce output
that conforms to WCAG; be tools that are accessible to (usable by) PWDs.
The latter point is of *MAJOR* importance inasmuch as the WWW is the
vehicle for attaining inclusion.

"Grandfathering" inaccessible software must be discouraged as
emphatically as possible. The very words "World Wide Web" should connote
universality and any claims of simplicity of publication to the Web
should be rigorously vetted for conformance to the Web's guidelines.
This is basically why we are here.

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE