Re: addressing the sophistication of the user in Section 1.2

This is correct. (And it is a known bug - hopefully it will be fixed in the
next release, due very soon)

Charles

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  "Gregory J. Rosmaita" wrote:

  > aloha, kynn!
  >
  > as you pointed out, since ATAG declares the HTML 4.0 loose.dtd, the emphasis i
  > suggested should be enclosed in the EM element -- which, of course, would be
  > defined as "font-style : italic;" for the benefit of those using CSS-enabled
  > browsers...

  I believe that the only reason ATAG declares the HTML 4.0 loose DTD is
  that
  Amaya keeps putting that declaration at the top of the file. I've put
  the strict DTD there with emacs, but when Charles edits with Amaya,
  it reverts to transitional. I consider this a bug.

   - Ian

  Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
  Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783

--Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org  phone: +61 409 134 136
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative                    http://www.w3.org/WAI
21 Mitchell Street, Footscray, VIC 3011,  Australia (I've moved!)