Re: addressing the sophistication of the user in Section 1.2

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:31:08 -0500
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>
CC: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>, Authoring Tools Guidelines List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
"Gregory J. Rosmaita" wrote:

> aloha, kynn!
>
> as you pointed out, since ATAG declares the HTML 4.0 loose.dtd, the emphasis i
> suggested should be enclosed in the EM element -- which, of course, would be
> defined as "font-style : italic;" for the benefit of those using CSS-enabled
> browsers...

I believe that the only reason ATAG declares the HTML 4.0 loose DTD is
that
Amaya keeps putting that declaration at the top of the file. I've put
the strict DTD there with emacs, but when Charles edits with Amaya,
it reverts to transitional. I consider this a bug.

 - Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783