Re: proposal for priority section text to address "level of skill"

At 06:57 PM 11/29/1999 , Ian Jacobs wrote:
>2) I propose the following text:
>
>    <PROPOSAL>
>       When considering strategies for meeting the goal of an
>       accessible user interface, tool developers should follow
>       principles they should always follow: strive to meet the needs of
>       novice, experienced, and power users, but focus on the middle
>group
>       and assume that these users will be familiar with the tool's user
>       interface. On the other hand, when considering strategies
>       for meeting the goal of encouraging the creation of
>       accessible content, assume that the author knows very
>       little about accessibility issues or their solutions.
>    </PROPOSAL>

Ian, your proposal doesn't thrill me; it seems too dictatorial and
not very flexible, even if you intend it to be.  (Things like this
are often read far too literally.)  Plus it's a bit confusing; I
get slightly lost in figuring out what you are saying applies where.