Re: Proposed Text for Section 1.3 (was Re: Meeting tomorrow)

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:15:15 -0800
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
CMcCN:: "...the working group has a page which describes the conformance
of various tools at XXX."

WL: If we're going to "name names" I feel we are treading treacherous
slippery slope. I don't think the intent of our charter is to provide
lists (necessarily incomplete) of conforming/non-conforming tools.
Unless the makers of the tools request inclusion our liability is
evident and unless we find *every* tool our neglect is unfair to some
perhaps unknown excellence. We can describe problems in current
(unnamed) products and point out satisfactory compliances - with
anonymity.

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE