Techniques for 7.1

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Having reviewed briefly the references in the techniques for 7.1 the only
documents which clearly prioritise guidelines according to their impact on
people with disabilities are the W3C gidelines - Web Content and User Agent
Accessiblity Guidelines respectively.

The guidelines at
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/download/dev/win_guidelines/winapp23.txt have
a priority scheme which is different from that used by the W3C guidelines.

The EITAAC guidelines that I found in the final report do not prioritise
requirements, although they do provide general requirements and requirements
for specific technologies.

I therefore propose to refer to the two W3C documents as informative aids in
determining the priority of requirements in other, unprioritsed checkl;ists
nad guidelines (although I will try to say it in english in the document).

Charles McCN