RE: proposed addition to intro for GL7

aloha, charles!

Guideline 12 of the 5 October draft of the User Agent Guidelines [1] reads:

quote
Provide accessible product documentation and help

Ensure that the user can learn about software features, notably those that
relate to accessibility.

Some people cannot use printed documentation. Vendors should provide accessible
electronic documentation for users with visual impairments, learning
disabilities, or movement impairments. Providing alternative hardcopy formats
may also benefit some users.

Since users who are not disabled are generally unaware of software features
designed specifically for accessibility, those features should be clearly
documented. This will allow users with disabilities to learn about the software
more easily.

Documentation includes all product documentation, notably installation
instructions, the help system, and all product manuals. Refer also to guideline
2 and checkpoint 6.6.
unquote

if it is the last paragraph to which you are referring, then i'm all for it...
if you also want to quote the introduction to UAAG GL12 verbatim in the ATAG
techniques, i'll sign up for that, too...

gregory.