RE: proposed addition to intro for GL7

At 05:13 PM 10/18/99 Dick Brown wrote:
>Gregory, does your inclusion of "the documentation distributed with the
>tool" imply that printed documentation has to be accessible?

aloha, dick!

mea culpa -- i should have typed "electronic documentation" -- believe you me,
i don't expect anyone other than the vendor of a targetted user agent or an
assistive technology to ship braille documentation by default!

it does, however, need to be made clear in the techniques for ATAG that the
term "electronic documentation" covers not only what is burned onto the
distribution CD, but any documentation and/or support mechanisms that are
mounted on the web -- they must be WCAG conformant...

so should any auto-update or auto-installation process -- such as "connect to
web", online update wizards, and the like...

checkpoint 7.1, after all, it has been noted on this list in the past, covers
the accessibility of the installation process as well as the tool as a
whole...  hmm...  we do have techniques that address the installation process,
don't we, or have i just issued myself a new action item?

gregory.

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>