[Fwd: [Fwd: ATAG last call closes Monday]]

Last call comments from SYMM

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Cohen, Aaron M <aaron.m.cohen@intel.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:59:03 -0700
  • Subject: RE: [Fwd: ATAG last call closes Monday]
  • To: "'Philipp Hoschka'" <ph@w3.org>, symm@w3.org
Philipp:
Only one of our tools developers was able to review the draft. I've pasted
her comments in below.
-Aaron
====================
This was the first document I've read on accessibility of Web content.
Therefore, the introduction was confusing to me at first...  until I read a
bit about the Web Accessibility Initiative.   It was very beneficial to have
the link to the WAI in the abstract of this document.   Maybe a note should
be added emphasizing the importance of reading on the Initiative before
continuing on.  Also it wasn't clear to me the difference between goal 2 & 3
of the document ( 2.  The authoring tool generates accessible content by
default.   3.  The authoring tool encourages the creation of accessible
content. )   Guideline 2 seems to be an example of how to fulfill guideline
3.   Maybe examples of how to accomplish each goal would help clarify.
Other than that the document seems fine for being very unexposed to the
subject matter.