Re: Last Call Comment (Documentation)

Loughborough wrote:
>...Some priority two items should probably be reconsidered
> as P1s...

GL7.1 is a priority 1.  GL7.1 does "implicitly" include on-line and runtime help
documentation because at least 2 of the "software checklists" that I recently
referred to, Microsoft's [1] and IBM's [2] include on-line help and
documentation as explicit checklist items.  Why don't we also include KEYBOARD
ACCESS, which in my opinion is even more important that accessible help?  We do
not need to include any nor all of the items from the applicable standards and
conventions to make 7.1 better understood.  We do not need to include any nor
all of the Web Content Accessibility checkpoints items either.  We *DO* need to
point to the applicable standards and conventions which affect authoring - which
is currently being done.  Summary: do not add more checkpoints to GL7.

[1] Microsoft software checklist
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/dev/guidelines/software.htm#Documentation
[2] IBM Software checklist
http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/accesssoftware.html#checklist