Autools 4.2

From: <thatch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:52:49 -0500
To: Authoring Tools Guidelines List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

4.2 Assist authors in correcting accessibility problems.
(Priority 1 for accessibility problems that are
[Web-Content-Priority-1], Priority 2 for accessibility problems that are
[Web-Content-Priority-2], Priority 3 for accessibility problems that are
[Web-Content-Priority-3])

A. This checkpoint suffers the same issues raised earlier
for 4.1, especially,  that many content checkpoints cannot
be checked, and therefore assistance is not possible.

B. I do not understand how assisting in correcting an
acessibility problem, no matter the priority, can itself be
priority 1. This is not essential. I'm not even convinced
it is important. It certainly is beneficial. I believe this
checkpoint should say something like, "assist authors
in correcting those accessibility errors that can be
detected in 4.1. Priority 3".

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns