RE: Use of handicapped symbols... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:52:21 -0400
From: Chuck Hitchcock <chitchcock@cast.org>
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Use of handicapped symbols...

Please feel free to forward this to the group at w3c-wai-au@w3.org if you feel
that it is useful.  Note that I am not subscribed so will not see reactions
but will check the archive.

I should add one comment to my original email.  CAST's approach to Universal
Design for Learning assumes that all mainstream products, including curriculum
materials, should be pedagogically sound, fully accessible, and meet
additional requirements pertaining to multiple representations, maleability of
content, multimple means of control, and provide for various forms of
expression.  We intend for this to serve all learners, and by the way, be
fully supportive of those with learning, sensory, and physical differences.

That electric door opener is a wonderful support for me when I enter CAST with
the burden of laptop, handheld, and brief case.  I don't really need the
button - but it's great for everyone, just like well designed curbcuts.

Chuck