From: Gregory J. Rosmaita [mailto:unagi69@concentric.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 11:49 AM
To: Authoring Tools Guidelines List
Subject: Re: last call and techniques

aloha, ian!

what we desperately need is the input of persons actually slash intimately
involved in the development process, which is why i am particularly
interested
in dick brown's report on his action item -- viz, to show the techniques for
GLs 4 and 5 to FrontPage and Office team members, so as to solicit their
opinion...  we desperately need more of this type of review, and we need to
take advantage of those WG members (such as bruce roberts) who are actually
involved in the design and implementation of authoring tools...  we also
need
to hear what the Amaya developers had to say to charles, vis a vis that
tool's
conformance the AU GL, so as to fine-tune and strengthen not only the
techniques document, but so as to ensure that we haven't over-tersified the
GL
before taking it to last call...

only after we get input from developers on the techniques, should we worry
about "wrapper prose",
gregory.

ian wrote to the AU GL list:
>Unfortunately, we don't have much data back about whether people
>like/find useful the WCAG Techniques document. I think that the
>document needs to be readable on its own, which to me implies that
>some wrapper prose is necessary.
>
>How to get this done? Should the editors generate prose? The Working
>Group?
BIGOT, n.  One who is obstinately and zealously attached to an
opinion that you do not entertain.           -- Ambrose Bierce
Gregory J. Rosmaita  <unagi69@concentric.net>
Camera Obscura       <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/index.html>
VICUG NYC            <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/>
Read 'Em & Speak     <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/books/>