Re: 3/26 notes - 2.7.2

At 3:48 PM -0500 3/31/99, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>I also think that this is one of the areas where the distinction between
>section 2 and section 3 is meaningless. I therefore think Ian's proposal
>to merge the two sections has merit, and should be revisited.

I feel the two sections should not be merged. They address two very
distinct principles: 2. generate accessible content and 2. have an
accessible user interface. Even in the sections where there might be a
dubious overlap such as 'integrate help files' and 'allow user
configuration', there are still clear distinctions and merging them would
only muddy the waters and confuse the reader. Integrate help files and
allow user configuration are general software accessibility principles that
we will probably only cover by reference in section 3, so the overlap is a
mute point. 3 does not fit into 2 in any other way. Trying to make 2 more
general to accomodate the principles in 3 would weaken the message.

Jutta