RE: New Working Draft

From: Charles Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:21:02 -0800
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
<<
I think we should add that having the tool generate non standard
markup should be cleary indicated to the author. In the same
checkpoint is fine with me, like "Extensions to W3C specifications
should be clearly indicated and must not reduce accessibility."

Strongly disagree.  What should happen if the tool writes out <BGSOUND>.
That is somehow wrong?

I agree that the tool should not write out HTML markup that causes
accessibility difficulties, but that is a very different issue than writing
out markup that isn't part of a W3C recommendation and they should not be
tied together.