Broader checkpoint:

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:59:10 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
I took an action item two weeks ago, and didn't do it last week, to
propose expansion of guideline 7.2 (in the 10 february draft -
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-WAI-USERAGENT-19990210 ) to cover the general
case of user agents.

In order to do this in the new March 9 draft I think there is very little
to be done.

7.2.1 [Priority 1] currently reads:

For desktop graphical browsers. Export programmatic interfaces to ATs and
follow operating system conventions to do so (e.g., Microsoft Active
Accessibility, Sun Microsystems Java Accessibility).

I would replace the words "to ATs and follow" with the word "following",
and remove the browser specificity and the words "to do so", giving:

Export programmatic interfaces following operating system conventions.

for 7.2.2 [Priority 1], currently

For desktop graphical browsers. Ensure that exported interfaces conform to
those specified by a W3C DOM Recommendation.

I would give:

Ensure that exported interfaces include those covered by relevant W3C DOM
recommendations

Charles McCathieNevile